Friday, June 11, 2010

Hello Everyone!

Well, as you can plainly see, I am starting up a blog.  Yes, I did try this once and yes I did fail.  But who's to say I can't try again?  :)  I really want to do this so that I can keep up date with many of my family and friends.  I realize that my life gets very busy and that I don't get to call everyone like I should.  No, it's not a great substitue for a good old fashioned phone call but I hope it works all the same.


Life has been extremely busy over the past few years with school, musicals, operas, family, changing jobs everytime school starts and ends.  It feels like I haven't stopped since I started high school in.....oh wow.....2002.  Doesn't that make me feel old....(I'm 22 by the way which is not that old at all but it still feels like it.)  And yes if you are doing the math, I've been in college for 4 years.  You're probably thinking, shouldn't I have recieved a graduation invitation by now?  Well, you would be correct if I was at a public school working on a music degree.  But since I'm at OC (Oklahoma Christian), I have to go five years because of class rotations and the Bible classes I'm required to take.  


School in it's self has been quite a trip these past few years.  I've been working on a degree in Music Education and recently added a Math Minor.  I've been in various musicals, plays, and operas.  I've played all kind of characters from a Greek fate, to Wilma (a parody on Scooby Doo), daughters, various animals including a frog, a squirrell, a mouse, bird and mole (all from the same show), and a misson doll.  I've done very well in all my classes.  I had a 4.0 till this last semester when I took Calculus 2 and got B.  (I was lucky to get that grade!  My advice, don't take it unless you have to or you want to spend late nights trying to differentiate something :-P)  I'm currently taking one summer class.


In the fall I will be doing my senior recital as long as I pass my hearing.  If all goes well, I should have it in mid-November.  It will be at Oklahoma Christian in the Garvey Center Recital Hall.  I'll give out more information when I get it scheduled.  In the Spring I will be student teaching.  I already have been informed of my first site and I am really excited.  Before I know it, next April will come and my brother and I will be graduating together.  Yes you heard me right.  Brian and I will actually have the same college graduation.  I find it funny that he has caught up with me after all these years.  We even had our first class together when he joined Chorale this last spring.  (It was even more hilarious that I happened to be student conducting the Chorale again that same semester and in a foreign language.  Teaching my brother German diction.....LOL)  


I know some of you are dying to ask, who is that cute boy named Aaron?   :)  Well, to answer your question....Yes, he is my boyfriend.  We've been dating for about 9 months now and he is an absolutely amazing Christian man.  He is getting a degree in Youth Ministry and will be graduating this coming April as well.  (So now the graduation count is up to 3 for this next April.)  And to answer your other question.....no....those pictures are not engagement pictures....there is not a ring on my finger yet.....but be sure, if and when it happens, you can be sure that I won't be able to contain my excitement. :)


Well that's all for now.....tonight is video game night with Aaron and it's almost my turn.  (Yes I still like video games.  You are never too old for video games.)
Have a wonderful night everyone!


~Mel

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you've started a blog. It's so much fun and I love hearing about other people's lives. : )