Aaron and I got married a week and 3 days ago. It was a whirlwind day of excitement and a little bit of insanity. We were so blessed to have so many people there to help us get everything done.
We started getting ready on Thursday morning. We went up to the church to set up the tables and things so that we could get a better idea of how we wanted it all to look. My dad helped Roger, one our our friends from church who also happens to work for the church, put up all the trellises while Aaron and I put lights up on the banister around the up stairs area. Around 1pm, Vanessa, Megan and Kenzie arrived to help. We had fun setting up tables and putting together the candy boxes. Both turned out much better than I could have imagined.
On Thursday night, Aaron went off to the hotel and all of us girls went to my house for a "sleepover" which consisted of us sitting around chit-chatting and watching Star Trek TNG till Rachel arrived. Then we all simply crashed, exhausted.
On Friday morning, we loaded up all our suitcases and headed back to the church. We got things set up in record time but it still felt like we were running around even up to the rehearsal. My dad and I both tried not to cry when he practiced walking me down the aisle with the music playing but he started and then I started. :D Marissa and Grace had so much fun practicing walking down the aisle and they were certainly a joy to have around!
The rehearsal dinner was a great success thanks to my wonderful in-laws, Russell and Lynne. It was an amazing evening spending time with friends and family sharing stories and having a good laugh. We were again exhausted when the evening was over. However, we were up for another 2 hours after the rehearsal dinner because Megan had to put my hair in rolers. I think I was a bit of a zombie.
I didn't sleep much at all the night before despite how comfortable the bed was (Thanks dad!). I was just too nervous/excited for the wedding. In the morning, it was hard to drag me out of bed but somehow I got up, dressed, and packed. We all went down for breakfast and then headed to the church. There, we rushed to get ready so we could start the pictures. We planned to take them all before so that we could have the time to enjoy the reception verses having to do all the pictures while everyone waited for us. I think we actually had more for this way because we weren't rushing to go the reception. The boys even got some pictures with swords they found in the classroom. :p
After pictures, we all at lunch and then went back to our respective rooms to wait for the ceremony to start. My parents both came in and we had a small talk before my dad had to go back to the other room. My mom stayed with me and nearly missed walking down with my dad but that was all right. They made it down fine and pretty soon it was my turn to walk. I immediately started crying as they opened the doors in front of me.
During the ceremony, I wasn't really sure where I was supposed to be looking the whole time. So I just chose to look at who was talking most of the time. My heart was beating really fast when we exchanged our vows. I have no idea why but I am pretty sure it was for a good reason. :) After that, I couldn't really take my eyes off of Aaron. They way he was looking at me just made me feel loved more that I have ever felt my entire life.
Right after Aaron and I finished walking up the aisle, when the ceremony was all over, I immediately leaped into his arms. We both couldn't believe that we were finally married. My new brother-in-law immediately came over to give me a big hug. Then we all quickly made our way to the reception.
The recieving line was really long but it was so nice to get to great everyone. I really enjoyed cutting the cake with Aaron and doing the punch. We had planned to use a stepstool for the punch since I am so short and Aaron is a giant. :D But I think it was still cute with him bending down to my height.
I think one of the most exciting things for me about the reception was getting to show off the slideshow. I wasn't really sure how it was going to turn out but I had truly enjoyed getting to be creative. I'm not sure how everyone liked since it really wasn't that important but it was still fun.
After the slideshow, our dads, best man, and matron of honor gave toasts. I nearly cried for everyone one of them. My dad did cry again. He is certainly a softie but I love him for it.
Right before we left, Aaron and I did the garter and boquet toss. We did them both on the balcony so he took my garter off first before we went up there to toss them. (He wanted me to let him take it off up there but I thought it would be a little too awaward.) It was a lot of fun getting to toss it from up high. Jessica Digiorgio caught the boquet and Johnny Frye caught the garter. It was so wonderful to be able to share those little things with our friends.
As we left, there were tons of bubbles blowing in our faces. However, I'm glad we did the bubbles since my new sister and brother-in-law said the birdseed hurt too much. :P
As we drove off Aaron and I both sat dazed all the way to the hotel. We truly couldn't believe that we were finally married....
And that's where this story ends! More to come soon about the honeymoon and the other adventures we've had this far!
No comments:
Post a Comment