So, I've only been engaged for about a week and I still don't think it has sunk in yet. At the moment it seems to really hit me when I take a second to look at Aaron and realize that I am truly going to get to marry him. That's when my eyes start tearing up and I have to look a way for a moment so I don't cry. I have been so blessed with such a wonderful man in my life and now two amazing families to love.
I love having a ring on my finger and seem to be catching myself just staring at it quite often. And when I get upset, all someone has to do is tell me to look at my hand and I'm just fine. :p
We've already been working on stuff this week. We've officialy set the date for May 28, 2011 in Cedar Hill, TX. It's nice to know that we have a date and a place, a big thing checked off the to-do-list. I already have my dress and have ordered his ring and my shoes. We've also started on the invitations, a slide show, guest list, and music. We've discussed possible decorating ideas but haven't really settled on anything just yet. Hopefully we will be able to get some of these big things done before school starts so we won't be pulling our hair out when we have papers and such. Some people might think we are crazy for doing all this now when our wedding is 9 months away but I think we will be thankful when it comes time for us to focus on our classes and our wedding planning isn't hanging over our heads. :)
~Mel
No comments:
Post a Comment