I AM ENGAGED!!!! *Jumps up and down* (Can't you tell that I'm excited?!) :p
Ok, so here is the story. Not that I don't like telling it because I do but it would take me so much time to tell everyone. :)
So, Sunday night as we were driving back from San Antonio from his brother's wedding, Aaron looked over at me and said we need to go to the park the next day and go for a walk. (I was only semi-suspicious at this point. Not too suspicious since we had just left his brother's wedding.) I said, ok, sounds nice. So, yesterday, after work, I was exhausted. Aaron let me take a long nap in the Nowlin center since I was really grumpy. Then we got up and went to the store. Somewhere between shopping and getting to the house he told me he thought it was too hot for a walk. He instead suggested that we go on a drive. However, I was to be blindfolded and I wasn't going to know where we were going. (By this time I was very suspicious but I didn't say anything.)
So, after dinner, I dug out my blindfold (my green Beta Bandana :p), let him blindfold me, and off we went. Now, when he does this kind of thing, driving me to a surprise location I feel that I have to try to guess where we are going. I always like to try to figure out what street we are on, etc. So, I first guessed that we were driving on Memorial Road towards Lake Heffner. Between leaving the house and arriving Aaron somehow tricked me into thinking that we were going to Pops instead. Especially when he whined at me after guessing Pops and said "I only wanted a soda!"
However, when we got there and he took of the blindfold, we were at the lake. (I got it right the first time! I'm so gullible! :p) It was just after sunset and the horizon was filled with beautiful reds, yellows, oranges, and purples. He led me to a bench right in front of where the sun had set. He started telling me all of his favorite memories of us and asking me about my favorite memories. Then, he pulls out this brown patterned box. I had seen it many times before. He had a habit of handing it to me to watch me open it because it is a box that you have to slide all these panels to open and I could never for the life of me remember how to open it. ( I guess he got a lot of amusement out of it because I could always see a big smirk on his face as he watched me get confused.) So, it took me a minute to figure it out and he finally had to give me the last hint to open it. And as I did, there was the ring! The whole time we had been driving I hadn't really thought about it like I had earlier because I had been too focused trying to guess where we were going. And then he proposed.....
And that's the story! We should have a date set here really soon so be on the look out for it!!!
I LOVE YOU AARON RIGGAN!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment