Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fireworks

Well, these last few days have been busy as usual.  Not much going on here but the normal work, practicing, and homework......kind of wishing that I actually had time to enjoy my summer instead of spending it doing work all the time....

This 4th of July weekend was the first really nice break I've had.  Aaron and I were blessed to get to spend it with some wonderful friends of ours from Westwood/OC.  The day started out with church where Aaron gave his first sermon.  I think I was more nervous for him than he was when he went up there.  I am so proud of him and so excited to see the ways God is using us at Westwood!  We spent the afternoon relaxing and came back that night where Aaron led singing.  He was doing great till the last song, the one I had told him that needed to be started at a higher key than he was saying before church started.  Well, as you can probably guess it was too high.  Sigh....us poor sopranos.......

After evening worship there was an ice cream social.  It was so wonderful to spend time chatting with our friends.  Then we went over to the Pembertons to play games of Munchkin.  (Most of you probably don't know what this game is but the simplest way to describe it is a crazy card game where you fight these funny monsters.)  We did this till it was time to go see fireworks.  Traffic was horrendous.  We finally just settled on going to the Target parking lot instead of trying to get any closer to the stadium.  We sat there for an hour just talking and goofing around like we always do.  We snapped a few pictures.  (And unfortunately I don't have any of these pictures because they weren't on my camera.)

Not too long after, the fireworks started and they were incredible!  These fireworks were by far the best I've seen in a long time.  (And it could be that it has just been so long that fireworks display looks great to me.)  It was wonderful to get to share it with Aaron.  This will definitely be a good memory for us.  :)

No comments: